Hello! Sorry I haven’t posted or visited many sites, been away from home with no access to a computer! Basketball season has started for Big Brother and we have a minimum of three games per week….seriously cuts into my quilting time, but I wouldn’t miss them for the world!
Now, on to the fun stuff!
My accountability commitment for this month – work on Keith and Angie’s wedding quilt, due in March, or the Mirage quilt for 20 minutes per day, six days a week (or for a total of two hours).
Here is what I have done since last Wednesday –
- Mirage quilt – total time 2 hours and 55 minutes
- Keith & Angie’s Pineapple Blossom – finished adding a row around only 3 blocks. Not as good as last week, but I did more sewing where I was not able to use a leader-ender project.
This is the Jinny Beyer block Crystal Cave. I spent all my time this week finishing up this block. At least it was quicker than last week’s block! LOL
Accountability report links……
Here is Mister Linky – join in the fun and let us know what you have accomplished this week! Remember with my WordPress blog, you have to actually click on the link to see who has joined up and visit their sites, even if you don’t actually want to link up!
I will be away from the computer all morning and won’t be able to see what everyone has done until later this afternoon….(bummer)….but I will be checking in with you all! Hope you have had a prosperous week!
Other quilty stuff I have finished up this week
Just so you don’t think I have done nothing all week I have pictures of other projects I finished up over the weekend.
This top was pieced by a good friend of my mother’s named Sandy a couple of years ago. Mom worked in the same office with Sandy and they would often talk quilting. Whenever I finished a quilt, Mom would ask to borrow it so she could take it in and show Sandy. Sandy originally was making this for the man in her life and was going to have me quilt it. Unfortunately, she and her boyfriend were killed in a car wreck two years ago this month. Mom was finally able to get the quilt top from Sandy’s mom sometime last year along with a bag of fabric and the book the pattern came from. The top was 88″ by 88″, beautifully pieced and flat, but there were no hints on how she wanted it finished.
I took the pieces of fabric from the bag and pieced this for the back
I think Sandy probably intended for all the back to be from the gold fabric, but there was only 88″ in length and even with two pieces of 44″ fabric sewn together, it just wasn’t enough either direction. I first cut enough binding out of the focus green/burgundy print for binding the whole top, then came up with this design for the back.
I chose UrbanElementz Fossil pantograph for the quilting as the top and back were both so busy that custom quilting wouldn’t show. This was the first time I used this panto and I really love the texture it gives.
Mom will be taking it to Sandy’s mother this week, then Sandy’s mother will be gifting it to the sister of Sandy’s boyfriend. I am pleased with how this came out and hope that it gives some comfort to both families.
Here is another small table runner that I finished up binding this weekend….starting binding is not one of my strong points. Once I start it, I can get it done pretty quickly, it is just the start part that I can put off forever!
I made it from the from the leftovers from this quilt (scroll down a little ways). All this was from stash and scraps! Woo hoo!