Quilter’s Accountability Report – 2/10/2010

Oh, boy, but I have been busy! Here are my goals for this month in black. Red comments are what I have completed so far.

February Goals

  1. Complete my challenge quilt by February 15  – top, binding, and backing pieced and ready; only needs quilting
  2. Jinny Beyer Mirage quilt – continue to work on it 2 hours per week – stalled out momentarily, see comments below
  3. Keith and Angie’s wedding quilt – blocks completed and put together  –
  4. February It’s a String Thing Challenge blocks – supplies and foundations ready to make
  5. Binding on the purple butterfly quilt, pack it up and mail it with my Quilts For Kids quilt – binding made and on one side of the quilt
  6. Finish and bind the fall dugout place mats and table runner – cut apart place mats, binding pieced and ready to put on
  7. Bowtie Blues – borders, quilt, binding
  8. Finish ripping out the quilting on my black and white string quilt – re-quilt and bind
  9. Complete my First Saturday BOM – fabric washed
  10. Complete my Civil War Tribute BOM – fabric washed
  11. Finish quilting Jeremiah 29:11, bind

I am tickled as I got a lot done. The big thing was totally finishing up the challenge quilt top, piecing the backing, and making the binding to go with it. I made a total of three sets of binding which are ready for quilts – the purple butterfly quilt, the fall dugout table runner and place mats, and the challenge quilt. I also washed the fabric I picked up Friday for my BOM quilts, so they are ready to cut pieces for anytime I have a few minutes.

This week’s goals

I want to finish quilting my challenge quilt this week. That will give me several days to put on the binding. Before I start my challenge quilt, I have to finish quilting the black and white string quilt, so that is the big priority today. I also want to solve my copy problems on the Mirage quilt, and finish the binding on the purple butterfly quilt before next Wednesday.

Jinny Beyer Mirage quilt

Here is where I am stuck on this quilt. The pineapple setting blocks are 15-1/2 inches square as are the foundations. I checked with one local chain company and it was going to cost $2 each to make the copies. I didn’t quite want to spend that as I need 20 separate copies and that would have been $40.00 or more! So I spent an hour and a half this week making copies (needed 6 + 10 + 2 + 2 copies). For each piece it took 3 or 4 pieces of 8-1/2 by 11 paper to copy the complete design. I checked when I first started and the copies were coming out at 100% or exactly the size of my original. Copied them all out and took them downstairs to start taping them together….didn’t work! Some of the copies of the tips of the triangles ended up at all different sizes because they weren’t perfectly flush with the bed of the copier. So I gave up and am back to square one…..I will try a couple more printers this week.

Any advice on where to get CHEAP large copies?

I will be posting later today on the OTHER thing I did this week that took two full days of work. I will tell you it is all Shelly’s fault over at Prairie Moon Quilts. Did anyone else see her gorgeously clean island on last week’s post – here? I was so jealous….

Accountability report links

Here is Mister Linky – join in the fun and let us know what you have accomplished this week! Remember with my WordPress blog, you have to actually click on the link to see who has joined up and visit their sites, even if you don’t actually want to link up!

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Quilter’s Accountability Report – 2/10/2010

  1. Pingback: QA Report #5 « Prairie Moon Quilts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s