I haven’t done a stash report since April 18th! Wow! That just tells you how little I have been doing on the quilting end of things….buying or using!
But this week I finally have a change in my figures….I finished a quilt totally from stash.
This is a Bazooples panel I have had in my stash for a few years. One of the young women in my Women’s Bible Study class is having a baby boy next month. During Bible study this spring I quizzed her about her nursery and the colors she was going to use. They chose zebras with colors of black, white, and spring green. Later she said they had trouble finding zebras with green so had switched to elephants, and had both elephants and zebras. Tell me, isn’t this panel just perfect for their nursery?
The backing is a beautiful fabric I have used a LOT of over the years for kid’s quilts. I love it and it will go with about anything. This almost took care of it…..bummer. The quilting was a pantograph called Triangle Puzzle that I thought would be cool for a baby quilt.
This is a close up of the quilting on the front.
So that is what makes up my use of fabric for the last month (I have used more from stash, but am waiting until the quilts are totally finished before counting any stash…be patient!) and here is an update of my stash stats –
Used the last month: 2.5 yards
Used this year: 87.31 yards
Added the last month: 0 yards
Added this year: 37.71 yards
Net used for 2010: 49.6 yards from stash
Not too bad! Check out what everyone else has done over at Judy’s blog!