June 30! Half the year is gone…and I only have about 50 days left with Mini-me and Munchie before they start school. I really can’t believe how time is flying…..but yet, with Mini-me and Munchie they would tell you that time is SO slow! LOL. Amazing what a little age and perspective can do for you!
Well, I did get some things done this week. Not as much as I would have liked, but definitely better than the last few weeks!
Last week’s goals
- Finish Nadine’s quilt – DONE!
- Work up quilt entries for the local fair – DONE
- Finish the First Saturday basket block – DONE
- Jordan’s quilt – figure patches needed, cut them out to use for leaders-enders and begin piecing them! – did get number of patches and sizes needed
- Funky table runner – NADA
- Kaleidoscope table runner – NADA
I will post finished pictures of Nadine’s quilt later this week after I deliver it to her. I did get my fair entries in so was really tickled with that. I didn’t get a larger quilt in as I haven’t yet finished any of mine, but hope to get one or two in next year. My Christmas throw is now too old for the fair as they have to be two years old or less for the division it would go in. It is not big enough for the quilt division so would have had to go in the Christmas needlework category. I might try canning or garden stuff next year, as well as quilting. Let’s see how it goes this year first! Maybe the kids will want to enter in a year or two.
The basket block is done for First Saturday –I think though, that if we do another of these blocks I am going to make the handles just a smidgen longer. I don’t think they are quite curved enough, but that is what the pattern called for!
This week’s goals
- Jordan’s quilt – Cut fabrics to begin piecing
- Civil War Tribute month 3 blocks – begin piecing
- Quilt funky table runner
- Quilt kaleidoscope table runner
- SWMO Longarm group challenge quilt – mark top for quilting
- Rose applique wall hanging – mark top for quilting
The table runners are still on the list because I still really want to get them done!
I didn’t have to call in the National Guard to find my sewing room, but did do some major uncluttering last week. I can actually find my sewing machine now! I am being pretty ambitious again this week, but we will see how it goes. I am supposed to get my Gammill tuned up later today, so I am really anxious to get some of the quilts done that I have put off. Woo hoo!
Accountability report links
Here is Mister Linky. Join in and let us know what you have finished up this week and check out what others have done! Remember you actually have to click on Mister Linky to see what everyone is up to then click on their name and go visit.
I will check in with you later this evening!