Quilter’s Accountability Report – January 26, 2011

I have been busy!

Last week’s goals –

  1. Finish purple lone star – DONE!
  2. Finish borders on Keith and Angie’s quilt – DONE!
  3. Piece back for Keith and Angie’s quilt – DONE!
  4. Finish piecing baby quilt (not the first time I have taken an unquilted top to a shower!)  – DONE!
  5. Work on Mini-me’s dinosaurs!  – umm, not done (bad mommy!)

First of all, here is the finished lone star quilt. It had some issues with fullness in the middle and very tight borders, so I had to be careful while quilting it.

I did continuous curves in the lone star.

Dawn Ramirez’ Jungle Riot freehand quilting pattern was the inspiration for the filler in the white around the star and applique.

Here is Keith and Angie’s quilt top – completely finished with the borders. It measures 114″ by 114″.I was even able to finish up piecing the back which was quite a challenge. When I started the quilt I bought an old twin sheet with the Dukes of Hazzard on it as Keith is a HUGE Dukes fan (he has been to the Dukesfest I don’t know how many times!). I used large pieces of blues from my stash to finish it up. I couldn’t get a full-sized picture of it as my room isn’t large enough!

FYI, total yardage used from stash for the top was 15.6 yards. The backing was 14.25 yards (including a muslin liner for the sheet which is thin and worn) and the binding was .75 yards for a grand total of 30.6 yards of stash used for one quilt!

The next project was to finish the top I started for my new niece.

I also pieced the back out of white muslin and the leftover scraps from the fat quarters used in the top. The back is finished and all the binding is cut and ready to put together.

In addition to getting that finished, I also quilted up two crib covers for a gal at church. These are for her daughter who just got two foster babies.

This was the first time I quilted home dec fabric, but I had no problems at all.I did an overall loopy meander on them, fairly loosely, as I didn’t want them to get stiff.

The last thing I did this week was finish my First Saturday block.

It didn’t need to be finished until February, but this way I won’t have to worry about it!

This week’s goals –

  1. Finish another customer quilt
  2. Quilt Keith and Angie’s quilt
  3. Work on Mini-me’s dinosaur quilt
  4. Prepare some samples for a string piecing workshop next week
  5. Quilt Lilli Grace’s quilt

Since Keith and Angie’s quilt is my UFO Challenge quilt for the month, I would really like to get the quilting done in January…..that would give me February to get the binding finished. I would consider my UFO Challenge for this month as very successful if I get it to the quilted stage!

We will see on the others….it is going to be a very busy week!

Accountability report links

Here is Mister Linky – join in the fun and let us know what you have accomplished! With my WordPress blog, you have to actually click on the link to see who has joined up and visit their sites, even if you don’t actually want to link up!  Join us though, and let us help you get your goals met!

I will check in with you later this evening!

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Quilter’s Accountability Report – January 26, 2011

  1. Pingback: QA Report #47 « Prairie Moon Quilts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s