I told you it was going to be another busy week!
Last week’s goals –
- Finish customer quilt – not done!
- Prepare for the string quilt workshop – done
- Bind Lilli Grace’s quilt – binding completed, not on
- Make binding for Deb’s Grandmother’s Flower Garden – not done
I hope you are doing better than I am. I am not done with the customer quilt. I did make the binding for Lilli Grace’s quilt and for Keith and Angie’s quilt, but that is pretty much it!
Here is what I did at the string quilt workshop.
This little string quilt was made from the left overs from Lilli Grace’s quilt. Notice I used selvages also? 🙂
These string blocks started out as a jelly roll I bought on-line at a very good price. When the fabric arrived I found it wasn’t nearly as pretty in person as on-line, so I decided to use the jelly roll as part of the string quilt demo. I sewed them all together into one large piece of fabric before the workshop, then cut them up into squares while I was there. As you can see, I got 23 blocks from the jelly roll, and am cutting up the leftover triangles to piece together a couple more.
Next week’s goals –
- Finish customer quilt
- Put binding on Lilli Grace’s quilt
- Put binding on Keith and Angie’s quilt
- Make the binding for Deb’s Grandmother’s Flower Garden.
Deb’s Grandmother’s Flower Garden is my challenge quilt for Judy Laquidara’s UFO Challenge for February. As you can see, I am not making much progress on it! How many more days are in February?
Accountability report links –
Join us for the fun! Let us help you be accountable and get some things accomplished.
I will check in with you later this evening!