Summer is in full swing, but at least last night was the last baseball game for this summer. I think we are all relieved!
Last week’s goals –
- Finish next customer quilt – not quite done
- Piece the backing for Munchie’s quilt – not done
- Start piecing Mini-me’s dinosaur quilt – started!
- Quilt Munchie’s quilt – not done
I am actually tickled with what I have finished. I had some other stuff I needed to get done that I forgot about, so actually did a little more.
Remember this top? The only thing I had left to finish was the four outside borders. My guild building has plenty of room to lay something this large out to make sure it lays flat, so I applied the borders while at the retreat last Friday evening. It measures 106 by 106, but naturally it will shrink up when quilted and washed. Hopefully it will be just right for our bed. Now to piece the back and get it quilted!
I was also able to frame Mini-me’s dinosaurs for his quilt. These are ready to be put together. I just need to cut the fabric and start piecing the center portion that will go around the Brontosaurus, but first I had to figure out how much of the fabric I needed for the borders. The fabric is a directional dinosaur print and I only have four yards of it, so I will have to cut the upper and lower borders from the width of the fabric and the side borders from the length. I will have to cut the sashings from what is left over and try to make them all directional! I should have under a yard left after cutting the big borders so shouldn’t have much problem with the sashings, though I also hope to get the binding from this fabric also. If I don’t have enough, I can always use black!
This is my First Saturday block #7 that is due Friday. I was able to finish it up on Monday so am actually early on something!
These two blocks are for my guild’s community quilts. The block is called Tessellating Stars and was to be done in brights and white on whites.
This project I totally blame on Shelly over at Prairie Moon Quilts. She started a brights and white inchie quilt (posted about here) and I fell in love with it. I also just happened upon the perfect idea to use it for. I am going to make little quilts for the bunk beds at camp when the kids and I go. I didn’t have any thing to cover up with that wasn’t too hot or too cold, so this should be just right! The quilts will need to be about 48″ by 84″ and I would like to have at least two of them, maybe four. I wonder what UFO’s I have sitting around that would work for these also….hmmmmm.
Here is my project box and some in-progress inchies. I will be doing this as a leader-ender project, so will hopefully make good progress.
By the way, here is one of my pictures from MQS – this is Shelly and me. She says the inchie quilt is payback for a beautiful whole cloth project I talked her into buying…Well, I was out of my own money and had to help her spend hers!
This week’s goals –
- Finish customer quilt
- Quilt Munchie’s quilt (or at least piece the back!)
- End of month stash report (actually end of May and June as I missed the end of May!)
- Load another customer quilt
- Continue to work on Mini-me’s dinosaurs
Wait a minute. This is the July 4th weekend….and I think I am going to get all that done! Whoa, Nelly! In other words, I best quit here…LOL.