Quilter’s Accountability Report – October 12, 2011

Did I mention last week that my goals were rather ambitious?

I just wanted to remind you up front!

Last week’s goals –

  1. Finish Ann’s Diamond QOV – DONE!
  2. Quilt Dusty’s Eagle Scout quilt – Backing on machine
  3. Put binding on the NSTSP#2 – Not done
  4. First Saturday block for November – DONE!
  5. Start the square in a square border for the First Saturday quilt – Cut out pesky rectangles
  6. Repair the Hunter’s Brrr suits – found the patch material

I did finish Ann’s diamond QOV, but don’t yet have pictures of it. I want to get the binding on it and wash it first. Dusty’s Eagle Scout quilt is on the machine after a search for new backing material.

My First Saturday block for November is finished.

I cut out those pesky 3.5 by 3.25 inch rectangles that I mis-cut last week for the square-in-a-square border for this quilt, so it is ready to begin piecing. I also found the patch material I am going to use on the Hunter’s Brrr suits, but didn’t get any more than that finished. I think I have mentioned before how much I hate patching things…..

Here is a little additional project I started and featured on my Design Wall Monday post (the first one in months!).

You can go to that post here to read more about this project and the previous bag I made here.

This week’s goals –

  1. Finish the Hunter’s Brrr suits
  2. Binding on the NSTSP #2 quilt
  3. Binding on Ann’s Diamond QOV
  4. Quilt Dusty’s Eagle Scout quilt

This may be too ambitious again, but I have deadlines on some of them so have to get with it.

I use one of the Hunter’s Brrr suits when I am bow hunting…well, the rut doesn’t really start here until the end of October and after a couple of really cold spells (which we haven’t had) so I haven’t really had incentive to get them done too quickly. It has been way too hot to get out in the woods and hunt. Well, I have incentive now…..on the way home with the kids yesterday I saw a huge buck (for this area anyway!) with a non-typical rack and what looked like some drop tines. He had about 8 points on one side alone and was pretty “prickly” looking with little points all over. This was at 5:00 in the afternoon, alongside the road about 1/4 mile from our house! His direction of travel may have put him somewhere in the vicinity of my tree stand….I think I need to get the Brrr suits finished and they have definitely moved up the list of priorities!

The two Quilts of Valor have moved up also as I need them for a quick show and tell at my next guild meeting, so really need to get the binding done and get them washed.

Dusty’s Eagle Scout quilt is the next big project, and the backing is already on the machine so I am ready to start.

So there you have it. Ambitious or no, those are the things I need to get done. What about you? How are you stacking your plate this fall? Is it overfull, skimpy, or just right? Join us and let us help spur you on to get more accomplished!

Accountability report links

Here is Mister Linky – join in the fun anytime – just for a week or a month or the rest of the year… let us know what you have accomplished. We would love to have you join us!

I will check in with you later this evening!

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Quilter’s Accountability Report – October 12, 2011

  1. You get so much accomplished…I still think you must have a clone…LOL

    We have been seeing some nice deer here as well… more does than bucks tho. A couple of good bucks. The boys will be hunting north of us a few miles on some private land. Have a good week.

  2. Pingback: QA Report #76 « Prairie Moon Quilts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s