Easy Street will be my first actual Bonnie Hunter mystery. Oh, I have followed along and lusted after the others, but I am actually going to do this one! Good thing for me that Bonnie said it is not as intensive as the last few have been!
I am sticking with Bonnie’s color choices for the most part. I have made one slight change due to availability in my stash. I had plenty of purples, some lime greens and some teals already, but did have to purchase some more of the teals and limes. You can see the gray I ended up with between the two stacks of fabric. It is actually a little darker than it looks in the picture, but isn’t quite as dark as Bonnie’s.
I have only two black on white fabrics in my stash. One is a fat quarter and one is a piece of yardage about 4 yards long. I was going to use the yardage for my black on white background but when I began working on the first clue’s four-patch units I decided my gray was too light for the black on white print. The contrast just wasn’t right and the black on white overpowered the gray.
I have almost 100 of them pieced. Not too bad considering we had our family Thanksgiving on Saturday and I have a life….and kids…and a hubby…and not much time for “me” quilting stuff.
As an interesting side note, here are two fabrics I have had in my stash for quite a while. The cat fabric on the bottom has been in my stash long enough that it has already been used on the back of a graduation quilt and I still have yards of it left. It is a PERFECT match for the Easy Street colors. The stripe is not quite as perfect. The green in the stripe is more of a “spring green” than “lime green.”
I may use the stripe as bias binding when the mystery is all finished, but I will wait and see how it turns out.
The colors don’t show quite as well but the greens and teals and purples are a great match. I think this will make a really fun back for the quilt.
To see how easy others are having it on Easy Street, check out Bonnie’s blog and the links posted here.