We have talked about re-doing Munchie’s room for quite some time. We even purchased a wall mural for the redo last spring. Well, I need the Hunter’s help to put the mural up. First it was too hot and we were too busy with baseball, then it was hunting season. So the mural has been sitting around for ages.
I have a good friend, Kathy, at church who was in my Women’s Bible Study group. She and her husband did home remodels, wall papering, tiling, etc. In other words, any do-it-yourself project she has done before. She offered to help me, and after having to put if off due to sicknesses with kids for several weeks, we finally got together and worked on it this morning.
Here is the “before” of the wall. The Hunter just took off the trim at the bottom and is taking out the small nails. You can see the pile of wall panels under the window.
Here we have put the upper two center panels up.
Here is Kathy in front of the panel. She is a wonderful teacher, and I know now I could almost put another one of these up myself…if I had four arms and an eight foot wingspan! Putting those top panels up (there were 8 panels total) took someone holding them up and another person to assist in matching the prints and getting them lined up correctly.
Kathy got here at 9:00 this morning, and we were totally done by 12:30, so not too bad. I bought her lunch as a thank you and we had a wonderful morning and meal.
I thought the wall turned out AWESOME, and it looks so realistic! I do believe Big Brother and Mini-me are going to be jealous!
Thank you so much for your help and friendship, Kathy!
Next step – paint colors!