Woo hoo, I finally have my computer back! Yay! I just picked it up at noon today and am busy loading all the software I need back onto it. I should have been quilting, but you know how that goes….LOL.
I actually had a pretty good month. I got a lot done early in the month, then was sick and lost almost two whole weeks of quilting-type work, but made up for it early this week when I jumped in and finished more of the Birds in the Air blocks.
This first block is the center block for a lap quilt for some friends who are huge Packer fans. I finished up the main Packer logo in December and had the letters cut out for the words, I just hadn’t put them on the block yet. Now that part is finished and I just need to work up the border. This is a quilt I had worked up in EQ7 and then lost the files when my laptop crashed. Fortunately, I found a printout of the finished EQ project when I was cleaning in my sewing room the other day!
I pieced the 13 9-patch blocks and got the whole center of the quilt pieced together. That leaves only the borders and quilting. I don’t know what is up, but I am way early on getting this one done! By the way, I didn’t count the plain alternate blocks in my block count for the month….I figured that would be cheating, but I may wish I had by the end of the year!
End result with the 66 I made this month, my total for the year is 123 blocks. I know that makes me way ahead of what I need to be, but I am sure this summer I won’t get so many done, plus I will have all the easy blocks pieced and that will leave only hard ones as I finish the year. For instance, some of the Civil War Tribute blocks have 70-80 pieces per block!
If you haven’t already, hop on over to Shelly’s and see what everyone else has accomplished!